Monday 25 November 2013

Thank You!!!



This is the first time since my foray into the Blog-o-sphere I am writing a personal post. Even though I like to chatter with everyone, I am bit introvert and like to keep my personal thoughts to myself.

Being a typical Virgo, I am adept at finding faults with everything and everyone, and hence, I am seething about one thing or the other. Not good, I know, but I blame this tendency of mine to my sun sign and moon sign (I am Virgo according to the both).

After entering Blog-o-sphere, I got another point to seethe and simmer over – my mile-wide losing streak.

In last 8 months, I have participated in several contests and I have managed to win none except one. When I see other bloggers winning again and again, I feel happy for them but at the same time, I feel a twinge of inadequacy. One question keeps haunting me: am I that bad a writer that I can’t make a single mark of my own?

Recently when I lost a series of writing contests, I was beyond sad. I had to sit down and revaluate my reasons for blogging and writing. Without going into details, I can only say that it was a very, very dark place wherein I wouldn’t wish to see even my worst enemy ever.

But in that pit of darkness, I found a ray of hope. That ray of hope came in the form of http://topindianblogs.com/.

According to this website, this blog, Musings Of A Confused Gal, is the top blog in the Personal category. Sweet.
 

Although it may not be much in the form of achievement for many bloggers, this is enough for me to keep on going. It’s enough for me because it symbolizes to me how my readers love to read my crazy poems, nutty stories, wacky opinions and crooked photographs.

I am not much eloquent when it comes to expressing my innermost thoughts but I do have one thing to say to my readers – thank you. Thank you for reading whatever I write, thank you for giving me feedback, and most of all, thank you for being there for me.




I would also like to apologize to certain blogger friends who expressed their faith in my writings by awarding me Liebster award. Ankita, Manpreet, Suraj Mahant, Karanvir Kour, Divya and Kusum, a huge, huge thank you. I know I am supposed to answer the questions and then pass along the award, but being a bit of introvert, I am finding it difficult to answer the questions truthfully. I hope you guys forgive me for this transgression, and continue to shower your love on me.

Oh my! Today I am being quite articulate, am I not!

Once again, a huge thanks to all my readers. I am truly grateful to you for your support.

32 comments:

  1. Congrats Pankti..and being listed as the top blog is no easy Job... :)
    Even I was excited when I found my Blog listed there.. :D despite not winning any contest.. ;)
    But I guess Win and Lose are part and parcel of life..What should be important is that we keep on moving with new Hopes.. :D
    Good Luck with your Blog.. :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Harsha but still it hurts when you keep on losing, doesn't it? Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats Pankti,
    It is sometimes better to feel free and express oneself....
    Thanks for Sharing
    Regards
    Bhavikk shah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Pankti! Super-Win!
    Wow! Awesome to be listed on Top! I never knew of this site! Will check it out! Thanks for the info!
    Seeing the topic of your Post, I thought this was your entry for the current BlogAdda Contest in which we need to write about what speech we plan to give if we win a major Blogging Award! :)
    Do take part in it!

    Wish you all the best. May you soon win many Prizes and Awards!
    From experience, I can say- 'Bhagwaan ke ghar mein der hai, andher nahi!"

    I know how disappointing it is to not win! Yet I am a Contest Junkie!
    Do check out my Poem:
    http://anitaexplorer.blogspot.in/2013/09/contest-junkie.html

    All we can do is keep taking part & try with hope & faith & giving our best effort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Anita. I know you are a contest junkie...I remember our talk on IB forum :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Pankti and no you should never lose confidence in yourself.. you wouldnt have won the contest or got your blog selected otherwise :) And the fact that we all keep coming back speaks volumes :)
    About the Liebster awards, same here, being a kind of introvert I have never been able to respond to those :)

    As far as losing contests go, there must be something better in store for us.. i read this in a Readers Digest long ago.. "sometimes God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers"....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Pankti. I believe that whether one wins prizes or not is not of consequence. What is really important is the number of readers who read your work regularly and make the effort of communicating the good points as well as your inadequacies to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a wonderful writer and a beautiful human being. Congrats on your achievements and never ever think blogging contests are a stamp on your writing skills. Do it to get more audience or enjoy penning different genres of writing. I agree with Anita, 'Bhagwaan ke ghar mein der hai, andher nahi! Aur'

    Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very sweet of you to say so Saru. Thanks for your kind words and wishes :)

      Delete
  8. Congrats Pankti.. Top blog is no small feat..Enjoy your win :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey that's how I found you and bookmarked your blog... I like the way you write. Contests are luck-based, most of them , does'nt take away the fact that you are good in what you do :) keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was disillusioned too after losing one contest after the other but I got a Liebster award and second prize in a contest within a week. So, I guess the Universe was telling me not to give up just yet. :)

    Congratulations on your win and looking forward to reading some awesome articles in the future.

    P.S. I am hosting a giveaway with some amazing prizes on my blog http://munniofalltrades.blogspot.in/2013/11/a-fantabulously-fantastic-giveaway.html. Hope you participate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Khushboo. Yes, I will check out the giveaway...who doesn't like it? :D

      Delete
  11. Wow! This is such an honor Pankti :) Congrats and keep up the great work !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These contests have changed the meaning of blogging.
    Many of the winning posts are pure imaginary stuffs which can never be true, yet they are entertaining and some are nothing but truth with strong message for society. All can't go to top slot you see. It is definitely not a measure of your writing skills.
    If you don't forget the purpose with which you started blogging you will not be disappointed. Keep writing! My best wishes to you!
    And yes! Congrats on being featured! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indrani, you are right but that doesn't stop one from feeling down, does it? Anyway, thanks for your kind words of encouragement.

      Delete
  13. I create a comment when I like a article on a website or if I have something to
    contribute to the conversation. It's caused by the
    passion displayed in the post I looked at. And after
    this post "Thank You!!!". I was moved enough to drop a
    thought :) I do have 2 questions for you if it's okay.
    Could it be simply me or do a few of the responses appear as if they are coming
    from brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are writing on
    additional places, I would like to keep up
    with anything fresh you have to post. Could you list every one of all your communal sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or
    linkedin profile?

    Also visit my page - ganhar dinheiro

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Pankti! I haven't read many of your posts, but from whatever little I have read, I must tell you that I love reading you. Keep writing! For the love of writing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rekha for your kind words. I cherish them.

      Delete
  15. awards or otherwise I have always liked your writing.. the posts or the comments.It would be sad if one were to give up writing because of feeling discouraged on not wining. Actually ,you would be surprised that there are a lot of people who like something but do not express their feeling. We all need to appreciate more & be appreciated. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rajeev for your kind words. Fortunately or unfortunately, I don't think I can ever give up writing no matter how much I lose but I can get depressed every now and then.

      Delete
  16. don't bother about those contests. i seriously doubt whether those are judged properly or not. you are a brilliant writer and most importantly a wonderful person. keep blogging. and congratulations on your blog being ranked as number one in personal category! rockstar you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know it's too late to comment, but congratulations Pankti. There is no need to apologize as I also almost did not write the answers to questions given to me. Since I was not able to connect through GFC, I am sorry I forgot to keep in touch here.
    And you must keep writing. :)

    ReplyDelete